Some will say hiking is best enjoyed during summer for the fact that, in this period no rain and no cold, while some will say hiking is pleasurable during the winter or autumn season because no heat and, while some say, it is best enjoyed in the spring.
There is no season hiking is not pleasurable, it all depends on personal preference and location, some location favors summer to spring while some favor autumn to winter.
However, there are little hiccups associated with every season as well as advantages.
Therefore we will be discussing on each season and we believe, from the discussion you will able to pin point the season that suits you to hike because, it does depends on personal preference, for hiking is excellent in every season.
Hiking in summer
(Awesome Hiking T-Shirt at Lapommenyc Store)
Summer is generally sunny and is a good time to hit the trail especially the mountain and the glacier point. However, the temperature could be something else during this period with intense heat.
In fact in some locations, you may experience what is known as winter like cold also note- when trailing in the mountain areas, you are likely to experience hypothermia- dangerous low body temperature caused by exposure to cold- and that is the reason to hike with water proof clothing in respective of the season you will be hiking because, you can never tell what the weather will look like, especially in the mountains.
But generally, hiking in the summer is good even when the heat is at its peak, in fact the heat will aid burning of more calories.
The summer season for hiking in some countries like USA is from June to August while hiking is best enjoyed in the summer at New Zealand from December to February.
When hiking in the summer imbibe these following tips:
- Carry along enough water to stay hydrated: Dehydration can lead to shock, when there is no more fluid in your body to transmit blood to your organs.
- Listen to your body: when your body is given you certain signal don’t quench it respond to it immediately and if you can’t proceed, turn back. Don’t wait till when you start feeling dizzy, headache due to heat exhaustion.
Hiking in the spring
Hiking in the spring is lovely with flowers beginning to blossom, and with nature coming to normality, shows it is a good time to hit the wilderness, however, there are few tips to imbibe to make your hiking in spring worthwhile and it includes:
- Hike it water proof clothing to withstand hypothermia especially, when trailing the mountain side.
- Use insect repellant, to fight against black fly- black fly are common in the late spring so getting a repellant will help keep them from you.
- Get a sturdy hiking boot: you will need your sturdy hiking boot to navigate water logged areas during spring.
Hiking in winter or autumn
Winter and autumn are regarded as the odd months to hit the trail but let’s try and give them a shot. Here are reasons why you should consider hitting the trail during winter or autumn
- The national parks and trailing locations are less crowded in the winter and autumn, that means you are in the world of your own, no need to speed up because of the noise of the people behind you or stepping on the foot of another hiker because they can move fast.
- Temperature offer comfortability during these periods-no worry of intense heat.
- Bugs don’t dare these periods
However, proper preparation is necessary:
- Dress in layers with your gloves and head gear, You can buy some sweatshirt, hats is special here.
- Put into consideration the snow condition
- Go along with your first aid kit (applies to other seasons)
- Up ante your emergency skills for every season not just winter.
- Let someone know your whereabouts (applies to all seasons)